Friday, April 9, 2010

Meeting My Dad

"Me and My Father" So, last year I believe it was October....I met my biological father for the first time in eighteen years. I was so happy when my Aunt Sissy emailed me on facebook, and told me she was my Aunt....I will never forget that day I just started crying my eyes out. I had never felt so excited for anything in my whole life. I sent her messages with every contact refernce I could think of. I was at work at the time and I was freaking out....I was excited and confused, I called mama and was like "OMG! My Aunt just contacted me and I am just now reading the message after two weeks of it being sent." I was reluctant too open it because, I thought it was spam mail, but I never once deleted it. It was so meant to be. Then that night when I got too school I receive a text message from my aunt. I text her back and then she called me! I was excited and then I spoke to granny! She told me that she gave my number to my father and it was'nt till the next day he texted me. I texted him back and was like "whose this?" he sent back "your dad." I was so excited, then we talked on the phone while I was at work. We met that afternoon at the chick fil a in Newnan, which happens to be where my Aunt Shari worked so, I was in shock, meeting my dad, my aunt, and her two kids. I fell in love instantly. I saw him and I was like wow, that's where I get my eyes from. This next week or so I went to my Aunt Sissys that's where I met my Granny,Papaw, Aunt Sissy, Uncle Steffen, Devin, Shontinique, Sierra, and little Ashlee. I fell in love with them instantly. It was great for awhile, but it definately wasn't the fairy tale ending I had always dreamed of. My dad turned out to be a pot head who was in love with himself, and doesn't have the balls to contact me unless he thinks i'm saying things to people in order to get him in trouble. My other family members contact me on occasion. Ths isn't to discourage others from seeking out their biologicals. I just saw who helped mae me and I was glad that I didn't know him for eighteen years, but hey, its life you deal with what you got. I have my mom and my real dad now (he's been my dad for eleven years) We aren't perfect but it certainly is better than how it could've been!

No comments:

Post a Comment